Top 5 reasons to attend:
1) Understand the new powers and resources that Whitehall is devolving to drive growth
2) Identify the opportunities arising from major infrastructure projects such as High Speed 2 and the Northern Hub rail project
3) Benefit from expert analysis of economic trends in the North
4) Hear first hand from the public officials charged with facilitating and funding northern growth initiatives
5) Tailor your day to fit your interests, choosing from five specialist workshop streams
Chairman’s Letter To Delegates
“Across the North, despite challenges, there is still a lot of economic development, planning and thinking going on. The Government’s policy agenda – especially rebalancing the national economy – should provide opportunities for our region. But it’s partly up to us seize and exploit them. Come and find out what different people and places are doing on this agenda and contribute to the crucial debate about how we can deliver real, sustainable economic growth, development and regeneration in the North.”
Professor Michael Parkinson, Director of the European Institute for Urban Affairs, Liverpool John Moores University
Editor’s Letter To Delegates
“The Government’s localism agenda puts the onus on the north’s civic and business leaders to find their own approaches to driving economic growth. Responsibility for most aspects of economic development has been devolved from national and regional bodies to local authorities and business-led local enterprise partnerships, along with certain additional powers and resources. This event identifies the opportunities and challenges that this transfer of responsibility presents, and explore how growth in the North can be pursued in ways that will maximise benefits to local communities.”
Richard Garlick, Editor, Regeneration & Renewal
Why is this event the ONE for you?
- Ensure you maintain regeneration momentum in the North and achieve solutions to the toughest challenges that you are facing now.
- A one-day, comprehensive and compact programme with purely business critical content to maximise your time out of the office
- Make the most out of your day through our streamed programme and pick the sessions most relevant and important to you
- A well-balanced combination of expert overviews and on-the-ground case studies
- An unrivalled networking opportunity to meet peers from across the public, private and voluntary sectors
- In previous years, this event has received an unrivalled 100% delegate satisfaction rate. Delegate comments included:
“Interesting, relevant & informative”
Head of Regeneration & Housing, Hyndburn Borough Council
“A useful snapshot for regeneration challenges & approaches in the North”
Planning Manager, HCA
“Excellent update on relevant issues”
Partner, VK Property Consultants LLP
Who will be there?
This event is the industry meeting place for regeneration and development professionals from across the private, public and voluntary sectors in the North. Join the regeneration debate alongside 100s of your fellow peers and a speaker line-up made of renowned industry leaders.
If you are interested in partnering with the Northern Growth Summit
please email Natasha Woodwal.